Get interactive training for your staff on disability-employment topics that impact your bottom line. Educate your staff on business excellence when interacting with America's largest minority: customers and workers with disabilities. Schedule staff training with our Disabilityworks Training Institute.
A Hub for Three Groups
Disabilityworks, a department of the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, increases employment opportunities for people with disabilities throughout Illinois. Employers, people with disabilities, and disability/employment service providers are strategically linked:
- Employers can understand the business benefits of hiring qualified people with disabilities and gain access to a large pool of productive and diverse employees. Participate in Disability Awareness Training for Businesses.
- People with disabilities can access our list of Job Placement & Occupational Training Providers.
- Providers are a resource to employers and people with disabilities, training individuals and referring them to the right jobs. The term "providers" in this site refers to organizations that offer job readiness, job training, job placement, and educational services to people with disabilities.
What can Disabilityworks do for you?
Connect to the following opportunities:
- Employers can join a network of business leaders that have expanded their bottom lines through the hiring of people with disabilities (CBLN), and learn about tax incentives for hiring people with disabilities.
- Find small business development opportunities or centers (SBDC)
- Colleges, universities and job placement/training organizations can join a network of disability/employment service providers (CPLN).
- Find employment services. Note that Disabilityworks does not do direct job placement. Rather, we refer to CPLN service providers in our network.
- Chicago area job developers can join our monthly Workforce Developer Network meetings.
- Gain access to transition information from K-20 educational programs.
- Is your web site fully accessible so people with disabilities can use it? Learn more about web accessibility.
Online Calendar of Events
People with disabilities, employers, and providers can submit relevant Illinois events for posting on our website. Appropriate calendar postings include:
- Career or employment related events
- Free training events
- Disability related events with an emphasis on workforce issues